Monday 17 August 2009

MAIDA MADNESS



Last saturday 15/8 I spent the whole day at BBC's Maida Vale studio 4 recording some sounds for BBC 1 with Floating Points (Eglo Records) and his 10 piece band. We recorded three tunes and I must say it sounded BIG! Amazing to be surrounded by so many great musicians & soundengineers in such a legendary building. It was a great atmosphere in the place & I think the recording catched that vibe pretty well. Im really looking forward to the day when its out there for the worlds ear to hear & hopefully that will be in the near future! I'll be updating all of you out there as soon as I know more! There's some photos I'll be uploading in a bit. Unfortunately we didn't film it but at least the sounds are captured.

This Maida Vale session was actually only the second time for our whole band to get together to perform. We did our first live show only a couple of months ago at The Roundhouse in Camden. There's some raw footage floating around on Youtube in case you all wanna have a look/listen to hear a sample of Floating Points compositions, my lyrics & vocals plus the magnificent band. Hopefully you'll feel it...